entrenchment n : an entrenched fortification; a position protected by trenches [syn: intrenchment]
Entrenchment may refer to:
- A method of trench digging, particularly with relation to Trench warfare.
- A type of fortification created by digging (which may or may not be manned).
- An entrenched clause within a political constitution.
- The process of erosion whereby a river becomes entrenched.
- Entrenchment Hypothesis in Financial Theory, usually referring to strategy involved with making a company less attractive to outside bidders.
abri, approach trench, aqueduct, bunker, canal, canalization, channel, communication trench, confirmation, countermine, coupure, crimp, cut, deep-rootedness, deep-seatedness, dike, ditch, double sap, dugout, embedment, encroachment, entrance, establishment, fire trench, fixation, fixedness, fixity, fixture, flying sap, fortified tunnel, fosse, foxhole, gallery, goffer, gutter, ha-ha, impingement, implantation, imposition, incursion, infiltration, infixion, influx, infringement, injection, inroad, insinuation, interference, interjection, interloping, interposition, interposure, interruption, intervention, intrusion, invasion, inveteracy, irruption, kennel, mine, moat, obtrusion, parallel, pleat, sap, slit trench, stabilization, sunk fence, trench, trespass, trespassing, trough, tunnel, unlawful entry